Searching for a technique to unfold slightly bit of additional love this Valentine’s day? Wha…
Searching for a technique to unfold slightly bit of additional love this Valentine’s day? What about by exhibiting some love and help to our native egg farmers!
[AD] Do you know that egg cartons stamped “Canada Grade A” on the grocery retailer are literally from Ontario or a neighbouring province? Most significantly, hen care requirements in Canada are among the many highest high quality requirements on the planet. Egg farmers in Ontario strict requirements and protocols for animal care to maintain hens wholesome.
So while you purchase Canadian eggs, you’re buying a product made with love from begin to end.
and in the event you’re searching for a recipe to make use of a few of these eggs look no additional….
SUGAR COOKIE SANDWICHES
*makes about 24 sandwich cookies
– 2 1/2 cups AP flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/2 cup butter softened
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 2 tbs honey
– 2 tsp vanilla
– 1/Four tsp almond extract
– 2 Ontario eggs
filling: 1/2 cup of chia jam
1. mix dry substances in a medium bowl
2. In a seperate bowl, whisk collectively moist substances
3. slowly add the dry to the moist substances and blend with a wood spoon ( it’s possible you’ll want to make use of your fingers to make sure all of the flour is blended in!)
4. divide the dough into 2 equal discs and wrap with cling wrap. Place within the fridge for no less than 1-2 hours.
5. After 2 hours, preheat the oven to 350F, roll out the dough till it’s about 1/Four inch thick and use coronary heart formed cookie cutters ( to create the window for the highest cookie- use a smaller cookie cutter to chop out facilities from 1/2 of the hearts!)
6. Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes or till JUST starting to brown
7. As soon as cooled, spoon about 1 tsp of chia jam ( or jam of selection) onto the underside cookie and sandwich with a window cookie!